Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Ramblings

I've decided to start writing again! In fact, I have a project that I've been busy with since... man, God knows, it's been years and years now! It used to be so much easier to write, ideas just came flowing out of me! You'd think, being in Japan, it would be easier. There's just so much to inspire you here... but it's not easier! Somehow it's a lot harder! Maybe because there's always something around to distract me!! Right now it's this blog... I WAS writing earlier, just a few minutes ago I'd completed a couple of sentences and then thought "Hmmm... let's surf the net for a little while!" Ri-ight... I suck (and not in a good way! Yeah, one CAN suck in good ways! It's all in the techn... ugh... nevermind folks! Crisis averted, my mind's back out of the gutter! Sorry 'bout that!).
Maybe I should've listened to my drama professor at uni and become a theatre critic, less stress and loads of free tickets to the latest productions! I could even have done my country a major service and usurped one Barry Ronge from his #1 (in his own mind) critic position... Actually, I think that was just her (my prof's) way of telling me that I would NEVER be an actress. Humph... if she could see me now!! She'd be bound to change her mind about my mediocre acting ability if she could see my kick-ass mother elephant persona! Uh... okay... reality check - I will never be a Charlize Theron (for one thing I'm the furthest thing from blonde and skinny in this world! For another, am definitely NOT from Benoni - THANK GOD!! Even Mitchell's Plain is better than that man!)...
Yes, I'm starting to ramble... yes, it's becoming annoying, even to me! Okay, I'll stop now!

There's a movie I've been meaning to watch (doh!!)... I mean, back to the writing!!

No comments: