Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I'm sick

Yeah, I've gone n caught a sniffle!! Oh well... mebbe it's because the last few weeks have been so hectic and mebbe it's because ALL of the teachers at Kamo High were wearing those icky face masks last week, thereby guaranteeing that I would catch something unsavoury from them! I hate those mask thingies... they just look totally unhygienic to the wearer! Can anybody confirm that it actually DOES minimise contagion?! Because, all I can see it doing is prolonging the wearer's illness!!
Also, I suppose the weather in Murakami this weekend didn't help much either! I mean just look at these pictures!! Looks pretty enough, I suppose, but HELL, it was freezing!! I mean, have you EVER seen snow on a beach before?! I must confess, it was a first for me!! I'm used to white beaches, but usually those are SANDY, white beaches, not SNOWY white beaches!! How incredibly surreal!! And icicles dangling from the bottom of moving vehicles! HAH!! Who'da thought it?! The snow was so bad in Murakami, that you'd see these huge, anonymous looking lumps on the landscape and outside of homes and you'd just KNOW that there were cars buried under all that snow! Makes you pity the poor owners, who would have to dig them out the following day! Anyway, there were blizzards, there were howling winds, cars skidded on
treachorously icy roads, but it was bloody thrilling!

I suppose a huge contributor to my current malaise would be the post midnight walk, in icy winds, toward the karaoke joint on Saturday night! Yeah, it wasn't the smartest thing any of us had ever done, but it was nice and refreshing, in a limb-numbing, frost-biting kind of way!

I remember urging people on and telling them that it was great, it was refreshing, it reminded you that you were alive! In retrospect, I think that's what walking in Siberia must feel like! Okay, it was probably positively tropical compared to a leisurely mid-winter stroll in Siberia... but hey, I'm an African chick, who has no business walking out in the snow in the first place, so give a girl a break okay?! Yes I know, dis my eie skuld dat ek siek is... I now face the consequences of my own actions... sighhhhhhhhhh!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww...sorry to hear that ur sick hun! Get better...we need you there on friday!

p.s. dude....it really wasn't that cold, you should never come to Canada in winter my friend.

Satyne said...

I'll make a point not to visit you in winter then man!! I can't imagine it being much colder than it was in Murakami last weekend! Eeeeeeek! You poor Canadians!!

Thanks for the post... will try my sorry best to drag m'self to Tsubame-Sanjo on Friday! It IS Nu's birfday after all!!

The sacrifices I have to make for you lot!!

Hugs

N