Saturday, September 02, 2006

Noh! Noh! Noh!


Rosalind, Johanna and I went to check the Japanese-ified version of Othello at the Noh theatre in Niigata last Tuesday! A couple of students from the Niigata Women's college where we (female ALTs) sometimes go for English day, were a part of the company performing the play. I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm grateful I know the story, else I would have been a bit lost, but it was a visual treat and I was pretty excited about being there!!

Johanna has a MUCH better reportback on her blog! So have a read through, I'm being typically lazy - but there ya go!

Hugs
PS. The dude playing Iago (centre pic on the right) was brilliant and Othello was totally sexy (top pic on the right)!
PPS. First pic shamelessly stolen from Hanna's blog!

No comments: