Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Guess what I'm supposed to be doing?!

That's riiiiiiight... planning a lesson for tomorrow (didn't have time to do it at school today). Guess what I'm doing instead?! That's riiiiiiiiight again: pfaffing around on my blog, sending fan mail to some photographer dude who takes cool pics of fish and sharks and stuff. I suck... I really do!

Anyway, here's some pics of my new English Board, at my new base school. I've started a weekly quiz (well technically, it will run every second week). A "Try to guess..." quiz. As I haven't had the opportunity to introduce myself to a lot of the kids I teach at this school (we just had to leap right in there with the actual teaching. Sheesh), I've started this quiz thing! So the first question was "Try to guess... what Natasha's home town is (hint: it has a very famous mountain). Answers: a) Johannesburg b) Pretoria c) Cape Town d) Durban" Then I directed them to the map on my self-intro poster! See the map has a pic of Table Mountain, on the border, with a number corresponding with Cape Town. Ballsing up the explanation, aren't I?! Okay, well, the aim is to get kids to guess. A small prize is offered to the winner (lucky draw... if I get more than one entry of course - which this week, I did, cos I accosted the kids in the hall with strips of paper and MADE them enter! I got nearly twenty entries). Today I put up the answer, the winner's name and tons of pics and random facts about Cape Town! Next week, I'll put up a new question. I've had kids coming up to me and asking me why THEY didn't win, so I blamed the teacher I asked to draw the winner (HAH! I don't do it myself, that way I can't be blamed for it).

K... I should probably stop this procrastinating, else I'll never get to bed!

No comments: