Thursday, July 27, 2006

:(

I don't know what to say or how to say it... sighhhhhhh.

I've been here for exactly two years and two days and during that time I've made some really fabulous friends. We laughed, cried, despaired, marvelled, travelled and grew together. So how do you even begin to say goodbye to people who have shared the most amazing, unique experience of your life with you?! Some of whom were there even before your physical journey began?

Well, it's difficult, it's painful and it's inevitable. Nuria left Japan today, she's winging her way home even as I type this. Soon it will be Mary and Joyce too. I honestly can't imagine Japan without them. I've been so wrapped up in getting packed for my move, having to say goodbye to my wonderful students at Niitsu High and having to start all over again, that Nuria's departure just sort of snuck up on me and the realisation hit me like a sledgehammer on Monday when she, Mary and I were having dinner in TsubameSanjo... my friend was actually leaving, how the hell did that happen?! I feel like I've been in denial and so the reality of her leaving is absolutely devastating. I dread Mary's departure as well, this past year, she and I have grown closer and have been fabulous travel companions (and quite often we'd simply lounge about her or my flat, perving over Jack Bauer on our 24 weekends - nerdy but true), she's been like a sister to me, someone I could confide all my secrets to, so I guess I'm bracing myself for the next inevitable blow. The one good thing in all of this is that we're from the same country, so odds are we'll see one another again but it won't be quite the same, will it? It never is...

Nuria my liefie, ek sal jou mis! Bly sterk en wees versigtig in daardie pragtige land van ons! Have a couple of drinks at Unplugged for me and hit the Melville nightlife with a vengeance!

Soentjies, drukkies and baie baie liefde!!!

No comments: