Thursday, March 09, 2006

Some weighty matters

It's been a busy time recently, what with a performance every weekend and planning the PNG trip during the week, I feel run ragged... nevermind, I'll miss it all once it's over! The PNG group leaves on the 18th, then huge sigh of relief! I can't believe how much work it entails!

Anyway all that aside... I hope everybody's been chipper and all that lately!?! It's been quiet at school, cos of exams and what-nots! Soon the kids will be on Spring Break and then we'll be getting new first graders to torment (yayyyyy!)...

Ooohhhhh Spring is in the air!! Am so happy!!! I can feel it getting warmer, I can't tell you how excited I am by this, how nice it will be to wear less layers (uh after losing a few layers of blubber of course)... I comfort ate during winter, cos it was so bloody cold, so now I suppose I have to diet, so's I can fit back into my cute clothes!! And I'll finally get to wear those dresses I bought when I was back home (damn, I hope they still fit?!!!) and those cute little tops... oh man, if only I could get rid of the butt and the thighs... have to formulate a POA... I'll walk and cycle more now that it's getting warmer, hopefully I'll eat less (well cept when I have pms... it's not right to starve yourself when you're feeling homicidal and suicidal all at the same time! That extra chocolate is ALL that keeps you from plunging off the edge!)... man it's difficult thinking about eating properly! It means I have to cook... I HATE cooking! I mean, I can do it, and do it quite well if I have to... but it's really NOT my fave pastime. I'm that girl who prefers toast to whipping up decent fare. Simone's always going all mother hen on me "You can't eat toast and cheese ALL the time, that's not real food!" Yeah yeah...

If we were further into the future, we'd probably be able to walk into some box type thing, punch in the desired body type and emerge as curvy or svelte as we want! Think about it, the machines would be as prevalent as print club booths, a couple in any mall or on street corners next to photo booths... how nice it would be to change our body, hair, make up at the push of a button... sighhhhhhhh!

I suppose I could try jogging, but I have a stupid dodgy knee - a direct result of a misguided youthful foray into jogging! Turns out jogging is not for me (don't see the logic in running when you're not heading anywhere in specific), then there's the gym... it's REALLY far from where I live (honestly), the MacDonalds' is closer (sighhhhh)... the one form of exercise I TRULY enjoy is swimming, anything to do with water, I love it! I think I'll find a swimming pool - yeah that will be my exercise of choice!! I also enjoy dancing... I wouldn't mind dance classes (although the knee would have to be strapped), Simone tried to get me involved in the ballet class she attends, but honestly, I went to one of the classes and the warm-up alone scared the bejesus out of me!! I just don't BEND that way!! OUCH! Some nice latin stuff would be lovely!!

As soon as I finish my current stash of choccies, I will turn over a new leaf and eat healthier stuff and exercise more!! It's bloody ridiculous how much weight I've gained in this Land of the Skinny People!!

Still, it's Spring... sighhh... I'm starting to think that maybe winter is better!! Easier to hide the extra weight under tons of layers!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't fret hun, all that building in PNG will be plenty exercise!
p.s. can't wait to see u in a bikini ;)

Satyne said...

Aaah Gracegracegrace... there in lies the rub... but will tell ya all about the rub tomorrow!!

Hugs

N

PS. I wouldn't be so keen to see me in a bikini if I was you!! Didn't you just READ my post!!? I'm a WHALE, if you saw me in a bikini you'd run screaming in the other direction!!

Anonymous said...

i am so bummed about the rub :(

...and not just because I don't get to see u in a bikini...

Satyne said...

I know :( But I'll be thinking of you guys for two weeks and being REALLY jealous (sniff)!

Never mind, you won't even miss me, you'll be having so much fun!!

Hugs and all

N