Sunday, March 26, 2006

It just never ends....

Howzit people?!! So... news... I have to move AGAIN! The news (which I got yesterday) simply devastated me as you can imagine. I really grew to love Niitsu, the city, my school, my flat... and I was enjoying my life here and now this. The thought of moving again exhausts me... packing up my belongings, carting them BACK to Chuetsu (this time Sanjo or Tsubame), I may even get Nuria's job. The prospect of living in Nuria's flat is just weird to me - I would feel like a guest from the moment I moved in! I mean, it'll always be Nuria's place to me, if you all get what I'm saying?! If it was a stranger's place that would be okay, I could make it mine, but to move into a flat that I've been a guest at so many times in the past... that thought is just freaky!

Anyway, they couldn't tell me for sure yet! Oh well, never a dull moment, ne?! I'll have yet another first year to deal with... how long have I been here again?! Nearly two years?! Still feels like my first to me, so hey, this job NEVER gets old!! Oh GOD, changing my billing address again! Having another electricity company fracas like I've had every year for the past two years, until I finally manage to put the bill onto my bank account... groooannnnnn!! And the WORST thought of all, is having to get rid of everything in the flat I'm currently staying in!! Because I won't be replaced by a new ALT, everything in here MUST GO!! I can't move with all this stuff because the flat I'll be moving to will more than likely be furnished, so I suppose I'll be having a jumble sale! At least I know this stuff now! Last year I had a problem in Kamo when the school told me (the day after I'd moved the stuff I wanted to Niitsu) that my old flat had to be completely empty of everything except the things the school had provided!! Let that be a warning to you prefectural ALTs out there who have to move, your school may not tell you until it's too late, you have to get rid of everything that doesn't belong to the school (this is years and years of crap that former ALTs have accumulated!)! The task is a huge headache, so good luck with that!

Oooh and one more thing - they're going to hit you with a housecleaning bill! Mine was Y25 000 last year!!

Anyway, am not as devastated as I was last year (even though I like my current situation more than I did last year) because I've been hit with much worse (and tragic) news over the past week, so I know there are people out there with much bigger problems than me! My having to move is insignificant to all that! I've done this before and I know I can bloody well do it again! I just have to start packing earlier! Oooh and rent a truck this time, cos the wonderful people who helped me move last year (Mary, Nuria, Joyce and Pat) are leaving (well all cept Pat, but he'll have his own moving issues to deal with)... All I know is that it's going to be a lot to handle, emotionally... having to say goodbye to so many friends and having to move all at the same time! There's going to be an insane amount of crying, chest beatings and woe-is-me's!!

Daijou bu, ne?! Everything will be fine... I think... maybe... oh well, who knows!? Like I said, never a dull moment! It's like starting with a clean slate every year!

1 comment:

Satyne said...

Yeah... the one beacon of hope in all of this is that I STILL get to torment YOU, Sam... hehehe