Thursday, March 15, 2007

Okay okay...

In the interests of keeping the contents of my blog highly original, I have made the controversial decision (it's controversial only because certain OTHERS are waiting for the pics) NOT to blog about the uniquely Japanese hodare (penis) matsuri (festival) that I attended this weekend. Instead, I'll refer you to some of the other chickie birds I went to the festival with. We shared joyous moments straddled atop a 2.2 metre long penis, being bounced up and down by a bunch of sweaty, heaving men. It was a bonding experience like no other. If you'd like to read about this weird-as-hell festival, as well as see pictures and stuff, do feel free to visit the ever-so-entertaining blogs of Pamela, Johanna and the oh-so lovely Kristen.

Now on to something that interests ME! Mwuahahahahahaha...

I have very cunningly found a way to watch live cricket on the Internet! All it took was ingenuity and uh... a small sum of money! Okay, so it wasn't too cunning and ingenius! I simply bought a cricket World Cup package and can now watch any match I want to online! Well worth it!!! This of course means that I'll be up until 5 in the morning for the really GOOD matches... I watched my first match last night! Not much fun... very predictable! I mean who DIDN'T know that the Aussies were gonna crush Scotland into itty bitty little demoralized pieces?! I should have watched Kenya vs Canada instead! They're slightly more evenly matched... Kenya (2003 shock semi-finalists) won it. Good for them! I'm always happy to see any African teams win! YAYYYY!

Tonight's matches are Sri Lanka vs Bermuda and Zimbabwe vs Ireland! No prizes for guessing who'll win those two matches! I hope Ireland and Bermuda at least put up some kind of fight... unlike the poor Scots!

I'm waiting for SA's opener tomorrow night vs The Netherlands! We SHOULD win that, but we're the team well-known for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory! Hope we do well this world cup, I can't stand the thought of a repeat of 1999... I cried buckets that year. Seriously, if South Africa DON'T win this World Cup my biggest wish is for ANYONE other than Australia to take it! If the Aussies win it again, I'm gonna go on a week long bender to try and wipe the bitter taste out of my mouth!

That said... am sooooooooooo glad the games have begun!

No comments: