Friday, March 16, 2007

Good on ya Ireland...

"Debutants Ireland tied their first ever World Cup match with Zimbabwe in Group D after both teams scored 221 runs on Thursday.

Ireland amassed 221 for nine from their 50 overs before Zimbabwe were all out for the same score following the last delivery of the contest at Sabina Park."

That must've been a great match! Better than the one I got stuck with (Bermuda vs Sri Lanka) which was one-sided as hell! Sri Lanka beat Bermuda by 243 runs. That's more runs than either Ireland or Zim scored in their innings! Not cool... wish I'd had access to the Zim - Ireland match, I knew it would be more closely contested! Crap...

Anyway, nice prelude to St Patrick's Day for the Irish team!! I have to say, I was expecting good things from them after I learned that their coach is South African. Naturally they would do well.

Hahahahahahaha!!

No comments: