Saturday, February 03, 2007

I've fallen and I can't get up...

So last Saturday I went to Myoko with Ros, Johanna and Kristen! The idea was to go snowboarding... and while that is what the other three wound up doing, I ended up doing a very classy version of butt-skiing (it's a new sport! It's the only way to get down a ski slope when you have a defective snowboard that you're just plain unable to stand up on!).

Sighhhhhhhhh... I had only two runs on the slope, because it took me a painstaking hour and a half to slide all the way down (on my arse, yeah) the first time and then another hour or so the second time! Although I did have more success on my second attempt, even with the constant falling down and hitting my head on the hard snow - which sucked! Every time I hit my head I saw stars and I ended up with a huge headache by the end of the day and a pretty damned sore neck the following morning (it still hurts a bit). I am now sporting a HUGE hand-sized bruise on my left inner thigh (I was pretty excited about that! It's proof that I worked really hard at that snowboarding lark, see?). All in all... I HATE giving up on anything, and I am determined to gain SOME kind of basic snowboarding skill, damn it!





No comments: