Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Chotto chilly!!

Okay so every year I write one of these despairing notes about the weather changing and all that! I’ve decided to be no different this year… why be original when you can stick to what you know?!

It’s COLD people!!! COLDCOLDCOLD! And I’m not liking it ONE bit!! So last Thursday it was warm – hot even… Friday brought rain (I won’t touch on how much I hate rain because I think you all know this already) and after that it was just plain cold!! I went from having my a/c on to sleeping with two blankets on my bed! Yesterday I wore long sleeves to school (for the first time in four months) but it was just one layer, so I got quite cold in the staffroom. I had to go out and sit in a patch of sunlight for an hour or so (positively reptilian, I know – I mean that’s the kind of thing cold-blooded animals do isn’t it?) before I felt warmed up enough to move again. I don’t understand how people can still wear short sleeves – it’s unnatural. I keep hoping it will warm up again. In fact, I was kind of hoping for another “unnatural” winter like last year but it looks like that’s not gonna happen… we’re probably gonna get record amounts of snow again (bleh). Sooooooooooo glad I’m going home for three weeks during winter – give me a lovely Cape Town summer anytime, surf, sand, sun, sexy bods (niiiiiiiiiice)!

Anyway, just thought I’d share this with y’all! It’s been a while since I blogged and I thought it would be nice for you all to experience my bitching and moaning again! Just in case you forgot what it was like.

In other news… Hmmm… I don’t think there IS any other news. How sad. The best thing I’ve done in the past month or so was make up my mind to go home for Christmas! I booked my ticket, paid my deposit and am now having fond daydreams of all the stuff I’ll do when I get home. It’s been two years – so I’m totally excited. The last time I went home I was SHOCKED to discover that they’d painted the local mall, built a petrol station behind our house and changed the money!! I was disgusted with both friends and family for not informing me of these shattering changes! I hope they see fit to warn me of anything like that before I get home this time. Changes I know about; Chevon has a bf, Lorinda has a bf, Nathan has a gf, Cousin Melanie is getting married (finally), one of my other cousins is getting divorced, grandparents are moving, mother has a bf (SHOCKER!), Garth has twins, Roberto and JP have moved, Dina Rodrigues was found guilty of murder (and justice is SERVED! Thank you very much), Thabo Mbeki has been on a power trip and firing all and sundry, Tokyo Sexwale may run for president, Helen Zille was arrested for something stupid (what the HELL?! Talk about screwed up –arresting the mayor of Cape Town for participating in an anti-drug march – but making no progress in actually arresting the drug lords out there! Then again am sure the drug lords and the cops have a lovely little symbiotic relationship going), Jackie Selebi is nuts – gosh I LOVE my country! It’s all fun and games over there! Never a dull moment in ole Minami Afurika! Anyway… so I do know about SOME changes but I swear, if I get home and discover that the neighbour has painted his house blue, or M-Net has changed their logo and no-one bothered to tell me, I’m gonna lose it!

So excited… will be nice to go on a road trip with the girls, play with my baby, spend time with my brother, argue (and go shopping) with my mother! Buy presents for the kids!! I can’t wait…

No comments: