Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Canyoning...

Okay, so I'm not blogging in chronological order! I'm just going with the flow and adding whatever suits my mood! Today, I feel like touching on the canyoning adventure we all (that's Johanna, Kristen, Kristen's "boys" Jimmy and Jeffrey, Pamela, Rosalind, Paul, Martin, Keiko, Kirsten and Sunny) went on a couple of weeks ago! Now, anything I will say would be redundant, because both Pamela and Kristen have already blogged about it! I urge you to have a read through their posts, because they were much more entertaining about it than I am likely to be.

We went canyoning in Minakami, it was the adventure of a lifetime and I promised myself that I would definitely do it again. We had a few minor injuries (Martin hit his head after leaping from a waterfall - talk about drama! His forehead bled for, like, AGES after that!), a few near brushes with disaster... (both Keiko and I had rather unfortunate luck when it came to jumping from a ledge into a churning mass of water below us - I try not to watch the video too many times because it makes me feel all queasy) and we all overcame a few personal fears. With Johanna it was a fear of heights... with me, it was a fear of exercise. I think Kristen is fearless (although she did scream like a girl on a few of those jumps) - Rosalind makes these cute, girly, squealy "oh dear" sounds when she's alarmed and Pamela tends to say "Oh Jaysus Christ" a whole lot more than usualwhen she's nervous!

All in all, it was great fun and definitely worth doing again!

Oh... and by the way... the most difficult part of the day for me was definitely getting into and out of those fecking wetsuits!!!
The "Safety" speech
Before
That's me, bringing up the rear as always
The first waterfall (20 m)
Getting ready to take the 20 m plunge (that nose plug wasn't effective at all)Pam - looking a bit nervous
Martin and Keiko - just after he banged his head
After
Water fight!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

HA HA HA fool... his name is Sammy! Where did you get Sunny! LOL

HIRA said...

its just me again... but I wanted you to get all excited b/c you got another comment only to have your moment of excitement SHATTERED when you realize...awe her again!??! lol

thanks for din-din last night! :)

Satyne said...

Sheesh... thanks for the build up and let down! Kinda like sex, only not as much fun!

Re: Sammy/Sunny - Oops... I did it again!