Monday, November 20, 2006

No guts

I'm seriously shit scared of having my impacted wisdom tooth removed over here! I've been kind of lacking in the backbone area for the last year or so and I pay for it everytime it gets infected! Am in major pain over here and so not even considering the option of going to the dentist!

I mean, come on, this is the same country where they wanted to stick a whiplike, camera thingie down my nostril just to confirm whether or not I had a throat infection! And no way would I even think about going to the dentist for a surgical procedure in a country where they have a tendency to give you the mildest type of medication for most ailments! I really have these dire visions of having my tooth removed with only a mild aspirin for pain relief. Sorry, but my faith was tested after the nasal probe business and then completely shattered with the rash of misdiagnosed malaria incidents we had over the last year and a half!

So now here I sit, with a swollen right cheek, a jaw that's painful to the touch, an aching ear, difficulty eating (yayyyyy good for the diet) and a terrible headache, all as a result of this stupid impacted wisdom tooth. Siiiiighhhhhh! I take solace in the fact that the infections never last.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

let me tell you a little story...

One day I went to the dentist (in Murakami), he looked in mouth and told me that Wisdom tooth had to go Bye bye. He said "Today? or another day?" I thought about it, winced and said "Um.Today."
He put a thing in my mouth. It played music, by the time the music finished my gum was asleepin. (He was kind of a pied piper dentist...v.cool). he asked me to open me gob again and two seconds later without me realising he had done anything he was putting the tooth in the palm of hand!"

simple.
go to the fucking dentist Natasha
Stop being a whimp.
2seconds of being afraid versus days of agony.
do it!
gambatte ne!!
Pam

ps. it only cost me 1300 yen. shockingly cheap compared to extortionist Airurando!

Satyne said...

Okay, was your tooth buried under your gum Pamela? Was it impacted? Did it give you any problems at all before he removed it? Dya think Dr Dude had to cut away any bone? Mine is half buried back there... can't be yanked, has to be cut out. Not cool.
NotnotNOT cool!!

Am a wimp! Am gutless... I know this... but when it comes to pain... I confess, I'm squeamish.

Anonymous said...

ah pet.
god love ya

seriously though!
at least do it for the drugs woman...

Satyne said...

Didn't ya read what I had to say about the weak-assed drugs in my previous post, doll?!

Anonymous said...

Im more of a "Oh pictures!" than the reading kind...
its the inner child.
Oh look over there!! (wanders off...)

Satyne said...

Sighhhhhhh... the kids of today! Such short little attention spans!

Grace said...

um, Tash love, you know that if you don't get an impacted wisdom tooth removed (especially if it sounds inflammed), it could cut into one of the many arteries in your mouth and then you'd need emergency surgery??

jesus christ, listen to pam, go to a fucking dentist.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

i rest my case!
thanks for the backup grace

ooh,that ryhmes... (skips away from the computer...)

Satyne said...

There are arteries in my mouth?!! What the hell?!! Nobody ever told me that before...

Anonymous said...

My goodness! The same old tooth comes to haunt you again. Oh my! I thoght you were going to get that taken care of when you went home for the holidays LAST YEAR... hmm... If you're a little on the chicken side then go to Pam's dentist in Murakami. Or, even if you don't have them remove it, they can at least take a look at it. We all care for your oral hygene. (and that's my dose of "motherly" advise for now. tee.hee. miss ya gal!)

Satyne said...

I know I said I would have it done back home, but when yank came to tug, I backed out because I wanted to have fun and eat my mummy's homecooked meals and drink a lot! Not suffer through a dental procedure, be told I couldn't eat solids for while, be restricted from alcohol cos of painkillers and look like a chipmunk! Vanity and greed won out over a painfree existence...